Auch diese Woche gab es ein paar neue Ankündigungen. Glenfarclas relauncht den 30-jährigen mit neuer Verpackung. Von Douglas Laing gibt es die zweite Ausgabe in der Serie „Consortium of Cards“ – ein Ben Nevis. Und GlenDronach tritt mit Batch 15 mit 6 neuen Whiskys an.
- Glenfarclas, 30yo, ncf, nca, ca. 460.- EUR
- Old Particular, Ben Nevis, 20yo, “King of the Hills”, Consortium of Cards, SC, 50%
- GlenDronach – Batch 15 – 6 Whiskys
ncf = no chill-filtration (keine Kältefiltration), nca = no color added (ohne Zusatz von Zuckerkulör)
Weitere Infos und Tasting Notes
Original Tasting Notes
- Nose: The Glenfarclas 30 Years Old promises full complex aromas with fruit and sherried malty tones on the nose.
- Taste: The flavour reveals sherry, cognac, brandy, fruit, and a beautiful combination of nutty marzipan and icing.
- Finish: A whisky you never want to end and it very nearly doesn’t, the finish is exquisite with a real taste of burnt chocolate at the back of your mouth.
Weitere Infos aus der Pressemitteilung:
Overall this expression offers excellent depth and body, combined with a delightful texture and flavour on the palate, it finds itself among some of our truly rich and indulgent whiskies. The long awaited expression is to be released in bespoke packaging; a red wooden box designed to recreate the iconic Glenfarclas warehouse doors is presented inside a classic tertiary box. The red doors include a glossy metallic 30 Years Old age statement with Glenfarclas Warehouse stencilling, while the inside of the box reveals a luxurious interior, matching the purple border of our original 30 Years Old label. George Grant, Glenfarclas Sales Director, comments “We are delighted to relaunch this fantastic whisky, now with a modern and innovative presentation but at the same time symbolic of our traditional warehouses and age-old methods inherited from my forefathers.”
Das ist die zweite Abfüllung in der Serie „Consortium of Cards“. Die erste war ein Laphroaig 18yo mit dem Namen “Queen of the Hebrides“ (NdW 06|17: Laphroaig 18yo, Deanston 40yo, Nikka und anCnoc 35yo).
Der Ben Nevis wurde in einem einzelnen refill butt gelagert.
Aus der Pressemitteilung: The second release is titled “King of the Hills”, a single cask Ben Nevis 20 Years Old that is said to deliver a fruity, zesty and home-baked character.
Cara Laing, Director of Whisky, discusses the latest release: “Our Old Particular King of the Hills bottling honours Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Conquering its peak is a personal challenge for many, and we believe our latest Consortium of Cards bottling, with its mellow, home-baked and warming character represents the ideal reward after an arduous climb – or any indeed any outdoor pursuit!”
The six whiskies released in Batch 15 range from twenty-one to twenty-seven years in age, and are drawn from either Pedro Ximenez or Oloroso sherry casks.
The oldest cask released in Batch 15, cask number 7005, has the appearance of polished cherry wood, with notes of fresh mint leaves on the nose, together with touches of cigar box and cinnamon in rich plum juice on the palate.
Toasted oak spice and roasted coffee beans can be found in the nose of the youngest cask in this batch, cask number 4418, while the palate offers crisp candied peel, with sweet figs and sugared dates dusted with cocoa.
Whisky Maker Rachel Barrie says: “Aficionados of The GlenDronach will not be disappointed with this latest Batch, picked from the richest and deepest casks in our earthen-floored warehouses. I am privileged and delighted to see them released from their slumber, for enjoyment by discerning connoisseurs around the world; as time slowly passes, I anticipate the unearthing of more hidden gems.”
The batch details are:
- 1990 cask # 7005 / 27 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 53.4% vol.
- 1992 cask # 52 / 25 years old / Sherry Butt / 58.5% vol.
- 1992 cask # 89 / 25 years old / Sherry Butt / 57% vol.
- 1993 cask # 43 / 24 years old / Sherry Butt / 59.2% vol.
- 1994 cask # 3379 / 22 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 51.6% vol.
- 1995 cask #4418 / 21 years old / PX Sherry Puncheon / 52.6% vol.