Für alle Liebhaber von Caol Ila und einem sehr dicken Geldbeutel kommt jetzt eine tolle Ankündigung: Gordon & MacPhail bringt den ältesten Caol Ila auf den Markt. 50 Jahre alt! In der Private Collection erscheint neben dem Caol Ila auch ein 64-jähriger Glenlivet. Beide leider nicht gerade günstig, aber sicher angemessen.
- G&M, Private Collection
- Glenlivet, 1954, 41%, 222 Flaschen, UK RRP 9.950 GBP
- Caol Ila, 1968, 52.5%, 199 Flaschen, UK RRP 7.500 GBP
Der Caol Ila hat übrigens nach 50 Jahren noch 52.5%!
Offizielle Tasting Notes
- Colour: Dark gold.
- Aroma: Initially sweet with hints of brown sugar and toffee apple; light herbal aromas evolve into candy notes. Traces of cinnamon and aniseed add depth whilst sweetness arrives from lemon curd, and vanilla undertones. Aromatic fresh-roasted coffee beans balance orange zest.
- Taste: Silky, smooth and intense golden syrup mingles with stewed fruit and rum and raisin. Touches of dark chocolate complement the delicate Sherry flavours. Sweet brown sugar remains whilst hints of walnut add a slightly drying aspect.
- Finish: A refined and elegant dram with a black peppercorn and lingering mature oak finish.
- Colour: Dark gold.
- Aroma: Delicate wisps of peat smoke combine with aromas of honey-cured meats and vanilla pods. Fruitcake-laden notes of nuts, raisins, and plump sultanas develop. A hint of menthol runs throughout. Undertones of zesty citrus and aromatic lemongrass linger.
- Taste: A refined and subtle, yet warming, spice opens into raspberry, cranberry, and sweet baked apple flavours. Thick cut Seville orange marmalade and gentle Sherry influences develop with time. Mature oak notes add a slightly drying character.
- Finish: A lingering finish of smouldering bonfire embers combine delicately with lemon zest and charred oak.
(Pressemitteilung, G&M/Muckle Media)
Gordon & MacPhail unveils new ultra-rare single malts from its Private Collection range
The latest releases include the oldest Caol Ila whisky ever bottled
Single malt Scotch whisky creator Gordon & MacPhail has released two stunning new additions to its ‘Private Collection’ range: a 64-Years-Old single malt from Glenlivet Distillery and a landmark 50-Years-Old from Caol Ila Distillery – the oldest Caol Ila single malt ever released.
The newly redesigned ‘Private Collection’ range encompasses rare and exclusive single malt whiskies from celebrated, little-known, or closed distilleries, all of which have been specially selected for bottling by a member of the Urquhart family that owns Gordon & MacPhail.
Gordon & MacPhail 1968 from Caol Ila Distillery was matured in a refill Sherry hogshead and bottled at a cask strength of 52.5% ABV. Warming spice leads on the palate, followed by fruity flavours with a gentle Sherry influence, before a lingering finish of bonfire embers entwined with lemon zest. Available at a UK RRP of £7,500*, only 199 decanters of this extremely rare single malt are available worldwide.
The dark gold Gordon & MacPhail 1954 from Glenlivet Distillery carefully balances the sweetness of golden syrup, stewed fruit, and dark chocolate with spicy black peppercorn and mature oak. Matured in Cask 1412, a carefully selected refill Sherry butt, the 64-year-old malt was bottled at a cask strength of 41.0% ABV. Only 222 bottles are available globally, at a UK RRP of £9,950*.
These ultra-rare single malts were selected for bottling by Stuart Urquhart, Gordon & MacPhail’s Associate Director of Whisky Supply and member of the fourth generation of the Urquhart family. Beautifully presented in hand-blown crystal decanters, each whisky is encased within a handmade wooden veneer box.
Stephen Rankin, Director of Prestige and fourth generation member of the Urquhart family, said: “Our ’Private Collection‘ range allows discerning whisky enthusiasts the opportunity to enjoy some of the oldest and rarest single malts in the world. These latest releases epitomise the expertise and commitment that has gone into pairing spirit and cask over 123 years and four generations of the Urquhart family. Thanks to the foresight of my forefathers, we have one of the most extensive single malt whisky libraries in the world, with expressions from over 100 Scottish distilleries.”
The latest ‘Private Collection’ releases will be available to purchase from specialist whisky retailers.
For more information on Gordon & MacPhail’s ‘Private Collection’ visit www.gordonandmacphail.com.
*Prices in international markets may vary due to local taxes and import duties.