BenRiach hat heute die Neuerscheinung von NEUN neuen Abfüllungen angekündigt. Alle diese Abfüllungen sind Single Casks, Fassstärken, in verschiedenen Finishings und haben Destillationsjahre von 1976 bis 2000.
Hier die Details zu den neun Abfüllungen:
- 1976 cask # 541 / 38 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Peated / 48.8% vol.
- 1979 cask # 517 / 35 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Peated / 46.9% vol.
- 1985 cask # 10318 / 29 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Peated / 49.0%vol.
- 1987 cask # 3825 / 27 years old / Tawny Port Hogshead / Tawny Port Finish / 52.9% vol.
- 1990 cask # 4936 / 25 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Classic Speyside / 50.4% vol.
- 1995 cask # 74743 / 20 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Classic Speyside / 58.9% vol.
- 1998 cask # 6394 / 17 years old / Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon / Triple Distilled / Pedro Ximenez Sherry Finish / 57.5% vol.
- 1999 cask # 8687 / 15 years old / Oloroso Sherry Puncheon / Oloroso Sherry Finish / 56.1% vol.
- 2000 cask # 69116 / 14 years old / Bourbon Barrel / Classic Speyside / 56.3% vol.
Die Abfüllungen klingen spannend. Mal sehen, wie viele davon nach Deutschland kommen.
BENRIACH RELEASES NEWEST BATCH OF ITS SINGLE CASK BOTTLINGS
BenRiach has today (September 2, 2015) released Batch 12 of its renowned single cask bottlings.
This batch comprises nine remarkable casks from its Elgin distillery that were bottled in June this year.
Ranging from 38 to 14 years old, the magnificent nine perfectly capture the unique, award-winning BenRiach character.
The variety of expressions is utterly amazing. Sublime whiskies matured in the traditional, classic Speyside style are accompanied by expressions finished in exciting wood types such as Tawny Port, Pedro Ximenez sherry and Oloroso sherry casks as well as several peated whiskies.
Individually hand-numbered, non chill-filtered and bottled at natural colour, each single cask is truly a one-off. The new BenRiach packaging reflects the supreme quality of these single casks.
All nine casks have been hand-selected by BenRiach’s Managing Director and Master Distiller Billy Walker who described them as “extraordinarily fine” and added:
“Every single cask bottling is an exclusive limited release. I have selected these nine casks as I believe they are especially noteworthy – highly individual, rounded, full of personality and ranging in fascinating characteristics. ”
Amongst them are some real highlights. The 38 years old whisky is from cask number 541, an excellent bourbon barrel. This peated gem suggests baked apples spiced with vanilla and cinnamon combined with a gentle, sweet peat reek to create a long barley sugar finish.
At the other end of the scale, the youngest, a 14 years old from cask number 69116, is a classic Speyside malt, balancing oak spices, green pears and ripe gooseberries combined with a crisp citrus twist and long barley grist finish.
And unusually for BenRiach, one expression – the 1998 cask number 6394 – has been triple-distilled and finished in a Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon, and the taste is sensational – white pepper and crisp citrus notes soften to plum juice followed by apple sponge with a dusting of fresh ground barley.
Other expressions in the range boast the taste of “herbal bog myrtle”, “papaya and ripe melon”, “juicy cranberries submerged with crisp citrus” and “chocolate-coated rum raisins and roasted coffee beans”.
All nine casks will soon be available at retailers worldwide.