Ein weiterer Award und Gordon & MacPhail ist einer der Gewinner. Bei den diesjährigen Drinks Retailing Awards wurde G&M zum Getränkegroßhändler des Jahres 2016 gewählt.
Gordon & MacPhail holt sich die Auszeichnung „Drinks Wholesaler of the Year“
Bei den Drinks Retailing Awards gibt es eine ganze Reihe von Gewinnern in den einzelnen Kategorien:
- Convenience Drinks Retailer of the Year: Eat 17, Hackney
- Independent Beer Retailer of the Year: We Brought Beer
- Independent Champagne Retailer of the Year: Corks Out
- Independent Cider Retailer of the Year: Green Valley Cyder
- Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year: South Downs Cellars
- Independent Spirits Retailer of the Year: Hedonism Wines
- Independent Wine Retailer of the Year: Le Vignoble
- Newcomer of the Year: We Brought Beer
- Small Chain of the Year: Cambridge Wine Merchants
- Green / Ethical Retailer of the Year: The Co-operative
- Innovation of the Year: Oddbins
- Online Retailer of the Year: The Whisky Exchange
- Multiple Specialist Retailer of the Year: Conviviality Retail
- Supermarket of the Year: Aldi
- Multiple Beer Retailer of the Year: Sainsbury’s
- Multiple Cider Retailer of the Year: Waitrose
- Drinks Wholesaler of the Year: Gordon & MacPhail
- Multiple Champagne Retailer of the Year: Waitrose
- Multiple Wine Retailer of the Year: Aldi
- Multiple Spirits Retailer of the Year: Morrisons
- Drinks Buying Team of the Year: Aldi
- Lifetime Achievement: Ian Harris, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Aldi hat gleich drei Preise abgeräumt und auch The Whisky Exchange ist unter den Preisträgern.
Herzlicher Glückwunsch an alle Gewinner!
(Pressemitteilung, Gordon & MacPhail)
Gordon & MacPhail named Drinks Wholesaler of the Year
Gordon & MacPhail has been named Drinks Wholesaler of the Year at the Drinks Retailing Awards 2016.
The judges said the Elgin-based company, one of the UK’s top independent specialist wholesalers, “provides an all-round package which it delivers with high standards of service.”
Organised by Off Licence News, the Drinks Retailing Awards, held at The Dorchester in London on 2 February, brought together hundreds of leading retailers and key suppliers.
Established in 1895, and owned and managed by the third and fourth generations of the Urquhart family, Gordon & MacPhail stocks 4,000 product lines, including more than 800 wines, a wide range of beers from Scottish microbreweries, ciders and premium spirits. The company also aims to stock every UK distillery bottling of Scotch Whisky available in the UK.
Stephen Rankin, Gordon & MacPhail’s Director of UK Sales, who picked up the award, said: “We are delighted to win this award for the fourth time in five years. We have a skilled and dedicated team at Gordon & MacPhail and this award is testament to their hard work. We work closely with all our customers to ensure our service meets their needs and continually refresh our product portfolio to make sure we provide the best quality products on the market.”
Gordon & MacPhail employs 150 staff at its base in Elgin and has a 20-strong sales team that covers the length and breadth of the UK. The company operates wholly-owned and duty paid warehouses along with its own transport network, supplemented by courier.